Wallpaper Hanging Details
Overview and Details
All of Lea's wallpapers are designed from her original watercolors and reflect the same whimsy that is apparent in Lea’s artwork.
Produced in England on premium "spray-the-wall" paper, Lea’s wallpaper offers a vibrant, high-quality and permanent print with sharp detail.
- All paper is solvent-free, non-fade, abrasion-resistant, and fire-certified.
- Available in standard and wide widths to ensure tailored printing, though most projects use standard 27inch width paper.
- Premium "Spray-the-Wall" paper is water-activated and pre-coated with adhesive on the back. To hang this paper, all you need to do is spray the wall and position the paper. There is no need to add paste. Paper is 100 percent opaque and extremely high quality.
Measurements and Pricing:
- Both premium and self-adhesive wallpaper are priced per linear yard (27 by 36 inches).
- There are no minimums for ordering.
- For a more specific quote, email Lea (email@example.com) your wall dimensions (wall height and width) and I will happily calculate the total price plus shipping.
- Note: When measuring your walls, remember not to include baseboards or molding in your measurements, but do include doors and windows. This will ensure that you have enough paper to cover the space without having to worry about matching repeats.
Premium Paper Hanging Instructions:
- Scrub the wall area you are covering with a stiff bristle brush to remove all dirt and loose material.
- Clean your walls, using a detergent or sugar soap solution to remove any grease or surface marks. Allow to dry thoroughly before applying wall covering.
- Any holes, cracks or defects in the surface should be filled with good quality filler, smoothed out and allowed to dry.
- The wall you’re applying your paper to should be smooth, clean and dust free. Patch or sand any damaged areas of the wall, especially where sharp edges might pierce or tear the wallpaper.
- Note: If your wall has been recently painted, allow at least 4+ weeks for the paint to cure before applying wallpaper. Applying wallpaper over uncured paint can lead to bubbling.
- No paste required. Use a water spray bottle to spray the wall.
- To apply Premium wallpaper, a standard spray bottle with tap water can be used. The recommended amount of water is about 3-4 fluid ounces per square yard. The wall covering can be re-positioned and re-aligned during first 10 minutes. Take care not over-stretch the material.
- To join seams of wallpaper, align the design top to bottom and smooth in an up and down motion using a soft sponge. You can also safely seal the seams using a small rubber roller gently along the seam.
- Wipe over the surface with a damp sponge to remove any adhesive residue.
Additional Tips for Wallpaper Hanging:
Don’t trim any part of the paper before hanging.
If you’re applying multiple strips of wallpaper, hang them from left to right to ensure a smooth repeat of the design.
Start with the upper left corner of the room, wall, or other surface you’re covering. If covering an entire room, choose an inconspicuous corner to begin since the repeat will not match up on the final seam.
Pick up your second strip of wallpaper and apply it so that its left side meets the right side, carefully visually matching the repeat.
Repeat this step, moving from left to right and aligning each new strip over the strip to its left.
Should your wallpaper become dirty, wipe clean with a sponge and mild, soapy water. Clean only when necessary, and use as little moisture as possible. Do not rub hard: the inks will not run, but a gap in the paper may become apparent.
Please note that all wallpaper sales are final. Lea recommends her wallpapers be installed by a professional wallpaper hanger, and cannot be held responsible for errors that may occur during installation.